I don’t always write a end of the year recap post, but I’ve made several pieces that I just love in 2017. Let me share them with you!
I started the year off with a BANG! I sewed 10 items in just two months for my Pattern Review’s Sudoku Contest entry. The rules were to create a wardrobe consisting of 4 tops, 4 bottoms, 4 accessories, and 4 footwear. Each vertical, horizontal, and diagonal row had to contain 1 item of each type (making a complete outfit) and each item must coordinate with each other item in its row. This resulted in 10 unique outfits.
Below is the list of my Top Seven makes of 2017
- Little Red Dress: Vogue 1513 a Fabricista Post
- McCalls 7577: March’s Fabric Mart Guest Post
- Red Hot Summer Halter Dress: A Fabricista Post
- Blueberry Criss Cross Jumpsuit – Vogue 9259
- Red Poppy Swimsuit: SewSewDef RiRi
- Reversible Bomber Jacket: Simplicity 8148
- Winter (Navy) Blues: Made by a Fabricista Guest Post
I hope to push myself even more this year by tackling overalls, jeans and lingerie.
What was(were) your favorite make(s) in 2017? What do you plan to challenge yourself with in 2018?