Even though winter officially started about a month ago I’m just finishing up planning out this seasons “to-sew” list. I know that January is almost over, but the busyness of the holidays in December and a work deadline earlier this month prevented me from finishing my plans this any earlier. The weather here isn’t helping matters as cold temps haven’t really settled in, but rather visited a few times. I love warm weather more than the next person, but even I think high 60s are a bit odd for January. It’s just hard for me to think about sewing with wool it’s warm outside. Finally I’ve pulled together what I want to make for this season.
Ever since I made my mini collection last summer I’ve realized I like that approach and I’ve tried to do that this season. I still don’t think that I’ll commit to a single color palette per season, mainly because I’m trying to sew down my stash and it is all over the place.
First up lets look the navy pieces.
- A Simple Tee – Simplicity 8177 in a navy and white stripe jersey from Fabric Mart (sold out, but similar here)
- A Navy Blazer – Butterick 5926 in a navy ponte from my stash.
- Navy Wide Leg Slacks – Simplicity 1017 using a dark navy stretch wool from Fabric Mart (here)
- Navy Pull-on Pants –Designer Stitch Harper in a navy pinstripe ponte from Minerva Crafts (here)
Next I’ve always got to have some classic black.
- Black and White Stripe Bodysuit – Studio Calicot Ferri in a B&W stripe heavy jersey from Fabric Mart (old)
- Button front jacket – McCall’s 8011 in ultrasuede from Fabric.com
- Moto Jacket – Kwik Sew 3764 in ultrasuede from Fabric.com
- Black ponte pants – Designer Stitch Harper in a black ponte from my stash
- Cocoon Sweater – Peppermint Mag Slouchy Cardi in a lightweight sweater knit I grabbed from Wal-Mart for $1/yd
- Leopard Wrap Cardigan – McCalls 7262 in a leopard sweater knit from Fabric Mart (old)
Of course I’ve already made this chartreuse suit.
- Chartreuse tie jacket – Butterick 6523 in a chartreuse suiting by Milly from Fabric Mart (sold out)
- Animal print bodysuit – Simplicity 8789 in a chartreuse and gray blouse weight woven from Fabric Mart (sold out, but it’s reorderable so it will be back)
- Chartreuse flared pants – Butterick 6523 in a chartreuse suiting by Milly from Fabric Mart (sold out)
There are a few other pieces that I just want to make that don’t exactly fall within the navy or black “collections” above.
- McCalls 7997 – I would just love to have this coat dress in my wardrobe.
- New Look 6298 – I made one of these a few years ago in a wool knit (here) and I love how cozy it is.
- McCalls 6992 – I have a few sweatshirt and terry knits that would be perfect for a sweatshirt.
- New Look 6581 – Ever since I made my first version, I new I needed another. I have a great gray rib knit that would be great for this.
There are also a few fabrics I have that I would like to use this season.
- A red pleated velvet I grabbed at the ASG sale that I have no idea what to do with. It would have been gorgeous for New Look 6581, but I already have a red version of that dress.
- A red stretch velvet from Fabric Mart that I think would make a cute dressed up jogger set, but I’m not sure because it could also be a sweatshirt dress or a cute top and leggings.
- A gray stretchy sweatshirt fabric from Fabric Mart that obviously needs to be a jogger set, but I’m considering the knit overall by Simplicity (8855) because different.
- A leopard gray/black terry knit from Fabric Mart that I probably only have enough of to make a sweatshirt.